Thursday, August 16, 2012

Evolution of a Name


Mom – Mom – Mom – MOMMY

My mind’s at ease with a mere mumble of my name

With malice or muse you may exclaim

Mom please just mention my name



Mom – Mom – Mother – DODDIE

Be mindful of me in this moment  

My maturity has made us opponents

You are no longer an essential component



A mother – mom – ME, could it be?

A miraculous gift growing inside of me

Misery and magic collide

As what was in, now comes outside



Ma, ma, ma – Ma – MaMa

Marvelous joy moves my heart

Magnificent mumbles do not depart

You called me Mama and melted my heart



Mom – Mom – Mom – MOMMY

One moment, one minute, my bug

Mommy merely wants to sip from her mug

I know you need me; here come get a hug



Mom – Mom – Mother – JAYDE KELLY

What tone is this do I detect?

Are you now mirroring your peer’s disrespect?

Does the name mommy no longer carry affect?



Mother – Mom – My Mommy

My baby has matured out of the nest

My soul mourns and cannot rest

I fear I’ve become her unwelcomed guest



Mom, my baby…she’s a Mom!

In those magical moments she held my hand tight

While she moaned I reminded, “It’ll be alright!”

My heart melted watching her miracle come into light.



Mama – Mom – Mother – Mommy

Each name meaning one in the same

With each passing minute you can’t reclaim

The magic and misery that mirrors the name